When you purchase the NDSU vehicle license plate, you:
- You show your Bison Pride.
- You support student and alumni programs. The State of North Dakota returns $15 from each plate fee to the Foundation. This fee supports programs like the student Bison Ambassador organization, Alumni Career Center services, homecoming/reunion events, broadcast email messaging to alumni and friends, and other public relations opportunities.
How It Works
- Anyone who has a registered North Dakota vehicle can secure a Bison plate.
- For $25, you get the NDSU Bison Plate. You will be assigned a random five-digit plate number in the 30000-39999 range.
- For an additional $25, you can specify five letters or numbers of your choice. Click here to check if your letter/number selection is available.
- Enter your requested letters/numbers.
- Click on the NDSU Plate.
- Hit Search at page bottom.
- Each year on your vehicle tag renewal statement, you will be assessed:
- Regular tag fees.
- Plus $25 Bison plate fee.
- Plus $25 vanity plate fee (if you select a vanity plate).
- Note: You can order your plate today or wait until their annual tag renewal statement arrives.
- Send application and payment to the North Dakota Department of Transportation.
Call the North Dakota Department of Transportation at 701-328-2725 and press 2.